Jenin, Tubas, Qalqilia.

That's Area C, that means that the land is under Israeli military control and farmers do not have free access to their lands.

Honestly, with all Yasser Arafat's mistakes I was really sad when he passed away.

Abo Ammar bidalo abouna.

Ari'el is the second largest settlement in Palestine after Ma'iel Adomeen. They even have their own university.

Marda, is surrounded by a fence. The people that live in the village can only enter and exist the village from two gates.

Do you see these train tracks? People used to travel from Turkey to Palestine by train a long long time ago.

They (the Israelis) cannot enter and leave a refugee camp without arresting someone.

My brother has been in jail for years now. They arrested me too because they assumed I was also involved.

Do you see the settlements?

The occupation can only occupy you if you allow it to.

Sometimes I feel that life just stops.

The worst is yet to come.

I married a second wife. No one understands, but she is the love of my life. I have loved her for years.

My husband works in Israel. He is only home two days out of the week.

I'm sorry, I would sneak you into Jerusalem, but on Saturdays the security is really tight... I hope you can understand.


-- These are some of the statements that I heard people say during my travel to Jenin, Tubas, and Qalqilia some were repetitive, some were just significant to me.

Comments

Juliette Jay said…
touching... aren't there more?
Amar said…
I added a few more statements that I remembered. I had difficulty deciding what to share.

Popular Posts